The following are the issues x-rayed in the text:
1) Historical Perspectives of Peace in Africa. Some of the issues discussed are: The Place of Peace in Pre-Colonial African Societies, Indigenous Models and Strategies of Peace-Making & Third-Party Intervention.
2) War-Making, Peace-Making and Conflict Resolution in Africa comprises War and Peace Issues in Pre-Colonial Africa, Causes of Conflict and War, Conflict Prevention and Management, War-Making and Peace-Making & Conflict Prevention.
3) Conflict & Refugee-Generation in Africa analyses the following topics: Conflict Prevention in the Three-Pronged Approach, Who is a Refugee? & Semantics in the field of Refugee Studies.
4) Culture, Development & Promotion of Peace discusses Culture as Development, The Arts as Vehicles of Transformation & The Necessity for raising a Corps of Cultural Activators.
5) The Mass Media in Mediation & the Promotion of Peace comprises The Mass Media Modes and Forms, Mediation & The Culture of Peace.
6) Effective Communication & Listening involves the discussion of Barriers to Effective Communication, The Art of Effective Listening, Tools for Effective Listening & Sustainable Peace-Making.
7) The Psychological Approach to Conflict Management discusses Types of Conflict, Causes of Conflict, Conflict in Nigeria & Communication Skills
8) Code of Conduct for Africa Mediators places emphasis on the following: The Evolution & Characteristics of Mediation, Guidelines & Principles of Mediation, Professional Ethics & The Mediation Process.
9) Practical Negotiation discusses The Bargaining Process, Techniques of Negotiation, The Nexus between Mediation & Negotiation, Winning & Losing in Negotiation.
10) Review of the Ideas & Suggestions of Experts Towards Enhancing Peace Education in Africa included an Overview of Peace Education for West African communities (PEWAC) & The Culture of Peace.
11) International Relations (IRS) & Peace-Building in Africa comprises IRS as an Instrument of Peace-Building & Symbiotic Relations in International Politics.
The book is designed to serve as a reference source-material for facilitating the assignment of mediators, peace-makers and promoters of the culture of peace in contemporary Africa. The bulk of the analysis in the first volume is based on the Nigerian experience. The original plan was to produce subsequent volumes on other African countries, but lack of funds has stalled this tall ambition so far.
*The 'Family Engagement in Peace Education Workbook' developed bu Katie Santavelli of the DC Peace Team www.peace-ed-campaigns.org/family-engagement-in-peace-education-workbook/
*People of Peace Education https://lnkd.in/djBpcnM
*UN Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres's Mandela Annual Lecture 2020: Global Campaign for Peace Education https://lnkd.in/exWnMpC
*Peace Education, not Patriotic Education - Global campaign for Peace Education https://www.peace-education-campaign.org/peace-education
*Global campaign for Peace Education: Education for safety, resilience & social cohesion www.peace-ed-campaign.org/?p=16232&no_cache_1606397553
*Exploring Betty A. Reardon's perspective on Peace Education https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-18387-5
*Global campaign for Peace Education (PE): Decolonising PE in Africa (DEPA) www.peace-ed-campaign.org/?p=16298&no.../
*Peace Education in formal schools: Why it is important & how it can be done - Global Campaigning for PE www.peace-education-campaign.org/peace-education.../
*Publication: People of Peace Education https://people-pe.ahdr.i-i-peace-education.org/publication/
*New 'Beatitudes Centre' to teach peace online first, then in person www.peace-ed-campaign.org/
*Pedagogies for peace podcast: Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies - Global campaign for peace education www.peace-ed-campaign.org/
*Weapons for peace? Forum on the Arms Trade Pact for Peace: What to expect rom the EU's 'Peace Facility'in 2021 https://bit.ly/3segkj2
*Education for a culture of peace in a gender perspective by Betty Reardon https://bit.ly/38qr59L?no_cache=1615318427
*Global campaign for peace education: Black theatre matters peace-ed-campaign.org
*Objects, memory & peace-building: Global campaign for peace education peace-ed-campaign.org
*Classroom resistance: Peace Education in a time of rising authoritarianism https://lnkd.in/gCBMsNs link.springer.com